7 Summery Nail Color + Sandal Combos
Half the fun of a pedicure is deciding on what sandals to wear with your freshly polished toes. We rounded up some of our favorite summer kicks and paired them with complementing lacquers. Ready, set, strut!
Tribal Sandals + Sorbet Polish
A strong pattern with multiple colors calls for a more toned down, yet season-suitable pedicure. Find a pastel hue that ties in with one of the shades in the shoe.
1. Theodora & Callum Printed Linen Wedge Platform Sandals, $385.
2. Blonde Ambition Tassel Ankle-Strap Sandal in Rust, $149.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Baja Sandal, $165.
4. Dolce & Gabbana Nail Polish in Lemon, $20
5. Zoya Nail Polish in Wednesday, $8.
6. MAC Nail Lacquer in Snob, $16.
7. China Glaze in Peachy Keen, $5.99.
Mixed-Media Sandals + Brightening Neutrals
Heels that combine colorblocking with a collage of textures speak for themselves, so pair them with a neutral pedi. Avoid mannequin toes by choosing cool-toned shades that are lighter than your skin color.
1. Elizabeth and James Clair Mixed-Media Leather Colorblock Sandals, $295
2. Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Color in Linen, $5.50
3. Rachel Comey Spade Sandal, $438
5. Madewell Sandybank Sandal, $168
Turquoise Sandals + Coral Polish
Bright turquoise shoes will add a pop of color to any outfit. Complement the look with a bold coral lacquer for the perfect summery combo.
1. Gap Leather Flip Flops, $24.95.
2. Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Terracotta Nail Lacquer in Coral Pink, $22.
3. K.Jacques Tourquise Thong Sandal, $224.
4. Chanel Le Vernis Distraction, $26.
5. Reiss strappy sandal, $320.
6. RGB Coral, $16.
Metal-Embellished Sandals + Aubergine Polish
Gleamy gold accents add flash to a neutral canvas, while polish the shade of summer eggplant keeps the look grounded.
1. Sam Edelman Flynn Sandal, $130
2. Giuseppe Zanotti Mirrored Toe-Ring Sandal, $550
3. DV by Dolce Vita Archer Sandals, $69
4. L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Nail in Breaking Curfew, $5.99
5. RGB Deep, $16
6. Nails Inc. Victoria, $9.50
Neutral Sandals + Neon Polish
Let your vibrant pedicure take center stage with a neutral, toe-baring shoe.
1. Orly Nail Lacquer Melt Your Popsicle, $8.50.
2. Illamasqua Rare, $14.
3. Essie Lights, $8.
4. Love Moschino Flat Sandals, $250.
5. Deborah Lippmann Nasty Girl, $45 for the set.
6. Tory Burch Fabian Espadrilles, $195.
Fluorescent Sandals + Ocean Blue Nails
If you’re daring enough to rock a hot neon shoe, your toes deserve equal attention. There’s something about a bright yellow and marine blue combo that just never gets old.
1. Revlon ColorStay in Coastal Surf, $7.99
2. Gallista Platform, $155.
3. Opening Ceremony Glastonbury Fluorescent Sandals, $455.
4. Orly After Party, $8.50.
5. Thakoon for NARS in Koliary, $18.
6. Manolo Blahnik Strittina, $755.
Metallic Sandals + Chrome Polish
Clashing colors can look cool when tastefully done, so try not to match the shades to the T. A chrome polish that resembles a scarab beetle is in sync with a heavy metal sandal - similar, yet different.
1. Ancient Greek Sandals Ikaria Metallic Leather Wing Sandals, $245.
2. Topshop Unique Gold Flatforms, $220.
3. DVF Opal Wedge Sandal, $295.
4. OPI The Amazing Spiderman Collection in Just Spotted the Lizard, $8.50.
5. Deborah Lippmann Swagga Like Us, $18.
6. Models Own in Golden Green, $8.